Wireless security alarm technology has given home owners a more convenient and economical way to keep burglars at bay.
Basics of alarm systems
- Hardwired and wireless security systems differ only in one aspect.
- In hardwired system, electrical wires need to connect all the components for interacting.
- In wireless, the counterparts like sensors, alarm, and sensors interact through radio signals.
- Both are similar in detecting intrusion.
- Passive infrared technology is applied in both to sense motion.
The best wireless home security systems can be beneficial in several ways.
- Avoid installation cost because they are simple and quick to fit.
- No disruption (like drilling, removing floorboards, etc) is involved, while installing.
- Location does not rely on the complexity of wiring because sensors can be positioned, anywhere.
- Tenants need not be concerned as these can be removed and re-installed, easily.
- You can add extra sensors, easily in case of building extension or upgrading security level.
Advanced technology beneficial features
- Magnetic sensors detect opening of doors and windows from outside.
- Motion sensors sense motion within the house.
- You can add additional function to detect flooding gas leaks, and smoke.
- Sends automated alert messages via text, email, or phone.
- For disabled or elderly people integrate panic alarm system.
- Pets can enter the room anytime without any concern about the alarm activation.
With this long list of benefits, remember to install a wireless security system that suits your needs. If you are tight on the budget then start with basics and slowly upgrade.